Sunday, October 11, 2009

Cam's first day of Kindergarten

Yes, Cameron has started Kindergarten. I was pretty sure that I would be able to handle it well, since I still drop him off at the same place at the same time everyday, but it was still hard imagining my little boy climbing on the school bus and traveling to Greenleaf School. In Haverhill there is full day Kindergarten, but that is only until 3:30, and I still need daycare for the kids until 5 most days, so Cam and I opted for him to go the half day program at Greenleaf. I thought I was doing well when I dropped him off at the pre-school until I went to the 3 year old room to return the blanket he has used for the last 2 1/2 years. That's when I could feel the tears burning in the back of my eyes, but with a deep breath and a comforting pat on the back from one of Cam's former teachers, I managed to make it through the day without crying.

Cam's "C" pancake


And Brookie got a "B"


Big smiles


The new backpacks


It wasn't until review of the pictures that I realized Cam's sweater was on inside out.


The Big Boy on the school bus. When he got off he ran up and gave me a hug and said "This was the best day of my life." Are kids usually this excited about Kindergarten?!

No comments: