Thursday, October 29, 2009

Naturalists

I love that my kids love nature. They feel very at ease when it comes to mud, bugs, trees and animals. I think most kids usually do and as adults we grow out of it. Just the other day as we were leaving the Y we saw an odd insect climbing up the outside wall. We watched it trying to figure out what it was. The best I could determine was that it was a spider with only 3 legs, trying to climb up. Someone walked outside and saw what we were doing and commented, "I'm glad some people like bugs." I myself have always been squimish around spiders, but have gotten stronger the last couple years. Dropping off the kids one the days this week there was a spider in the doorway. The kids said "Ohhh, look at the spider" quickly followed by "NO MOM- Don't kill it." I didn't.

When the kids found a lump of sticks they automatically figured out that it was a birds nest fallen from the trees. They took it home, grabbed a ball that looked like an egg, assembled everything outside and used my camera to document the find. Here are their snapshots.



Not bad photography for their age.

1 comment:

Nate Perkes said...

You should lend them your camera more often!!

Love you... and them!!