Friday, April 10, 2009

BROOKE IS FOUR!!!

On March 19th Brooke turned 4. It was a big day. This was the first year that she was actually looking forward to it, she has always been too young to really get excited for it. Before I get into her big day I have to note one very important milestone. For weeks the entire family has been working Brooke up, telling her that when she turns 4 she can no longer carry any blankies with her everywhere. They have to stay in her bed. The big day arrived. She didn't even give it a fuss, and is still blankie free (unless she is in bed, the only place they are allowed). What a big girl. Now mama is just trying to get over the fact that I have no more babies.


On her birthday we all played hooky from work and school and went into Boston to the Children's Museum. It was an incredible place. Three full floors of children's activities, including a ball room, bubble room, science center, Arthur's neighborhood, a 3 story climbing tunnel, water room, climbing walls and arts and crafts area. We stayed busy the entire time. Here is a little of what the kids got into.

Here are the kids simulating water skiing. It was actually much more difficult than it looks.

Cam inside the giant bubble. We watched many kids get very excited by this feature, and when they went to try it they would pull it up over their heads and let go making the bubble ring come crashing down on top of their heads, followed by tears and bubbly hair. After watching this happen twice Brooke refused to give it a try.



Here Brooke is playing flight attendant in Buster's Airplane. It was one of her favorite places in the whole museum.



When we were kids we had a book called Thunder Cake. It's about a little girl and her babushka that go around collecting the ingredients to make thunder cake, all in an attempt to teach the girl not to be afraid of storms. Now I read it to my kids, and it was the cake Brooke requested for her birthday. The secret ingredient is pureed tomato, and although you can't taste it, the cake has a reddish tint to it. It didn't come out as great as I had hoped, but the idea was still fun.



Blowing out the candles.

It was such a fantastic day, and I'm so happy we got to do something special and have such a wonderful time together.

.... Stay Tuned for a special feature about Brooke

1 comment:

Luisa said...

To Brookie-Poo!

Happy Birthday, Sweet Thang! I'm so glad you had so much fun at the Museum! Your Thunder Cake looks SOOO yummy! Great Job on leaving your blankies in bed! I am SOO proud of you! I hope you liked your birthday present! You're my FAVORITE NIECE! Do you miss me? I miss you tons! Don't forget me!

I'll love you forever!
Bobbie