Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My 4 year old fashionista

I have always known that Brooke has an innate sense of style. Starting at 9 months old she would pick out her own clothes and try to dress herself. Sometimes this has proven difficult, such as when she wants to wear flip flops and shorts and a poncho in the middle of winter. She has also come up with some very interesting ensembles. However, nothing trumps her opinion of fashion as it did the other day. We had a day off from work and school and decided to visit the mall. Melanie came along and she was in the mood for shoes, so we hit Payless. All four of us were walking around Payless with our pant legs rolled up, looking in mirrors and testing how shoes felt. I had on a cute pair of black shoes with little pink polka dots and was strutting around, when Brooke, with a look on her face as if she smelled dead fish, said, "What?! Are you trying to look like an old lady."

2 comments:

ABOUT ME... said...

My goodness! That is too cute for words!

Luisa said...

That's my girl! She's turning into a real 'Morales'! I'm so proud of my niece and at least you'll always get her honest opinion.